VIGNETTES FROM THE PEARLY GATES
26) Something wonderful is the masterpiece of God's creation- so sensitive, so marvelous, so exquisitely beautiful. Something wonderful is the masterpiece of God's creation- so precise, so complicated, so sublime. Something wonderful- it cannot be compared to any other creation- in beauty, in grace, in near perfection, in its quest to reach for infinity. That something wonderful is - Y...O...U! "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful I know that full well." (Psalm 139: 14)
27) Do we live to please ourselves and satisfy our earthly natures? Do we do things to please others, especially those we hold near and dear? Are our actions, thoughts and feelings motivated by our desire to please ourselves and our loved ones as well? There is a higher meaning and purpose to life than this, and that is, " ...to live in order to please God." (1 Thessalonians 4: 1)
28) Surrender yourself totally unto the Lord, never mind the cost, He will compensate for everything. He will walk beside you every step of the way and will wipe away the tears in your eyes. He will guide you through all the pitfalls in life and will strengthen you in moments of weaknesses. He knows all your pains and tribulations and He will always comfort you. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3: 16)
29) Loneliness is a fearful foe, it stalks you to the very depths of your soul. It is more pronounced when you are alone and have no one to relate to; no one to love you nor care for you; no one to lift up your spirits when you're down. But there is a remedy for loneliness, "You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." (Psalm 16: 11)
30) The end may come sooner than we think. So many souls are perishing and yearning to be saved; so many voices crying out, lost and in despair. They grope in the darkness, stumbling every step of the way, searching for a soul saving hand to reach out for them. "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His harvest field." (Luke 10: 2)
SMILE! GOD LOVES YOU NO MATTER WHAT!