Monday, October 1, 2012

A Re-post From Bill Crowder of Our Daily Bread

Quaking Aspens

Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les Lamborn
While I was visiting Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, two trees caught my attention. Though the leaves on the surrounding trees were not moving, the leaves of these trees were fluttering with just the slightest hint of a breeze. I pointed them out to my wife, and she told me they were called quaking aspens. I was struck by the visual effect of those shaking leaves. While all the other trees appeared calm and steady, the quaking aspen leaves shook, even with only the faintest breeze.
Sometimes I feel like a quaking aspen. People around me seem to be moving through life without issues or concerns, apparently steady and secure, while even the slightest issue can unsettle my heart. I see others and marvel at their calm and wonder why my own life can so easily be filled with turbulence. Thankfully, the Scriptures remind me that genuine, steadying calm can be found in the presence of God. Paul wrote, “Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all” (2 Thess. 3:16). Not only does God offer peace, He Himself is the Lord of peace.
When we enter the disturbing, unsettling seasons of life, it is good to know that real peace is available in the God of all peace.
Prince of Peace, teach me to find in You the
calming power of Your presence. Strengthen
me today with Your peace, and grant me the
stability I need in this turmoil-filled world. Amen.
Peace is more than the absence of conflict; peace is the presence of God.

No comments:


Our Guardian Angel Ministers To Our Needs

God's Divine Providence

Followers