Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Vignettes From The Pearly Gates - Series # 5

VIGNETTES FROM THE PEARLY GATES


21) So you want to follow Jesus Christ wherever He may go? So you want to be His
disciple and walk in His ways? So you want to be obedient to His commands
whatever it may take? Then heed His words. "If anyone would come after me,
he must deny himself, take up his cross daily and follow me." (Luke 9: 23)


22) Yes it is possible to get the fondest desires of your heart. It is God's promise and
He never lies. Yet this particular promise perplexed me no end. Can you figure
out for me its most profound spiritual meaning? "Delight yourself in the Lord and
He will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm 37: 4)


23) You say, I will heed the voice of Jesus Christ...later; you say, I'll balance my account
with Him...later; you say, I will try to follow Him and obey His commands...
later; but this is what He says, "So, as the Holy Spirit says: Today, if you hear
His voice, do not harden your hearts." (Hebrews 3: 7 & 8a) Tomorrow maybe too
late.


24) You always strive to succeed but always come up short at the end of the day.
You jumped into something, then you asked the Lord to bless it, to no avail.
You worked tirelessly, so sure of yourself, only to find out that you labored in vain.
Why? Because, "Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain."
(Psalm 127: 1 a)


25) So you want to really succeed in life? So you want to enjoy His overflowing
blessings and favors? So you want to find out how all these can be done? Here's
how. "Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in His ways. You will eat
the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Your wife will
be like a fruitful vine within your house; your sons will be like olive shoots around
your table. Thus is the man blessed who fears the Lord." (Psalm 128: 1- 4)



SMILE! GOD LOVES YOU NO MATTER WHAT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by...

Mel Alarilla said...

To Mariemny,

I'm sorry to have invaded your privacy. As you said, your writings were intended "to vent and not to share." I have no ill intentions in posting my comments on your articles. It's just that I really appreciate them for their intrinsic and literary values. You have the knack for writing great articles. I sure hope you will continue to do so and not be coy about sharing them with readers. Are not articles supposed to be read not kept as some sort of a personal diary? But I respect your desire for privacy. My intention was just to give unsolicited but well meaning advice. I'm sorry again if I inadvertently intruded into your inner sanctum. God bless you always in all your endeavors in life.

Yours in Christ,


Mel Avila Alarilla
of "Random Thoughts"
Mel Alarilla of "Blessings"
Philippines


Our Guardian Angel Ministers To Our Needs

God's Divine Providence

Followers