Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Poetry For The Lord- Why Me? I Am Most Unworthy


WHY ME? I AM MOST UNWORTHY


Out of the darkness you called me into the light
You never even considered how vile I was
I was lost and struggling in the quagmire
of earthly existence
But you stretched out your hand
and reached out for me

Oh, you never gave me rest
Even though I was wallowing in
sinful living and earthly pursuits
Yet your voice was always there
soothing, reassuring, always gently knocking
at the door of my heart

So many times I disregarded you as I ventured to
establish my niche in life
So many times I pushed you to the farthest
corners of my heart and mind in vain
pursuit of fame and fortune
How arrogantly I stood, proud and
stiffnecked as I gamely took on
all comers in the mad races
for earthly prizes

But you brought me down
as I grovelled in the dust
You showed me the errors of my ways
That I was running the wrong race and
competing for the deceptive prize
I did not know that I have to pay the ultimate
price for it - my soul
But you called me just in time

So here I am, ready to do your bidding
As I rise from the ashes of my former darkened existence
Here I am, adding yet another forlorn voice to gently
call those who are still struggling and sinking
deeper in the mudhole of earthly living
I know it's a thankless job, one fraught
with persecutions and calumny
But I can do no less than
My Savior who paid the ultimate price to save my
languishing soul

WHY ME? I AM MOST UNWORTHY


"FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY
BEGOTTEN SON, THAT WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHALL
NOT PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE." (John 3: 16)


"GREATER LOVE HAS NO ONE THAN THIS, THAT HE LAY DOWN
HIS LIFE FOR HIS FRIENDS." (John 15: 13)

2 comments:

Gina said...

That is a beautiful and moving poem. It speaks right to my heart. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm really into shoes and I was searching for the sake of that exact brand. The prices seeking the boots are around 180 pounds on every site. But for all I base this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what can you tell me about these?


Our Guardian Angel Ministers To Our Needs

God's Divine Providence

Followers