Monday, March 19, 2007

Vignettes From The Pearly Gates

Vignettes From The Pearly Gates


Series # 2



6) Everybody else may seem to have the better things in life. We may seem to be perennial losers in the rat races of the world. Others may seem to be more appreciated, highly honored and continually praised by men, but remember this, we are co-heirs with Jesus Christ in the kingdom of the Father and realize that, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him." (1 Corinthians 2: 9)


7) God is not seeking for perfect men, He knows we can never be perfect. He is not seeking for self righteous and seemingly "good" men, only God is truly good and righteous. He is seeking men with these qualities: "This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word." (Isaiah 66: 2b)


8) We may have shed copious tears before the Lord that tears may have been our constant companion. Tears may have been the "reward" we received from our unappreciative flocks for the untold services we have rendered unto the Lord. But take heart and hold on to God's promise. "Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him." (Psalm 126: 5-6)


9) We may never leave any memorials behind. No one may even notice when we are gone. But God remembers each and every little thing we have done for His praise and glory. So we hold on to His promise. "To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne." (Revelation 3: 21)


10) Though the way be dark and dreary, though fear and dread beset us every step of the way, remember to trust in the Lord and say, "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me, your rod and your staff they comfort me." (Psalm 23: 4)


No comments:


Our Guardian Angel Ministers To Our Needs

God's Divine Providence

Followers